- What color is your character’s hair? Strawberry auburn hair strands, with hints of honey blonde wisps.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Hazel-brown eyes, and dark brown flecks depending on the light hitting them.
- What color is your character’s skin? Caucasian; silky porcelain skin, with hints of flush when embarrassed or riled or anything that makes her excitable.
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? Because her skin is so fair, it draws specific attention to her.
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? She does not have any tattoos or piercings—she does admire some of the crews tattoos wanting one of her own. She was quickly dismayed when she was told of the excruciating pain the needle would be.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? Charlotte has a pretty slender form, which doesn’t make her “sexy” but does draw attention to her. She also possesses soft skin from the years of not working in the fields or in combat. Many men are drawn to her natural beauty.
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? She does have broader hips and a small chest, which makes her slightly less appealing to some of the other ladies in her social class. Her tummy has a little bit of fat that would be unbecoming to her social class, but again she doesn’t care. Plus it’s hidden by her corset.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? The auburn is insecure about her weight as well as her body figure. Even though she is small to others, she doesn’t feel like it. She knows that she doesn’t fit the noble woman look, and feels quite inadequate compared to those who are well-endowed.
8a. What does your character wear? She wears a high-collared shirt with a dark rustic brown and black accented half-halter corset vest. The white button up has rolled up puffy sleeves that pucker at the elbow and straighten against the forearm to wrist. She wears black puffy shorts or black slacks. If she is wearing her puffy black shorts, she is typically known to wear her mismatched high-thigh socks. One sock is solid black, the other is black and white striped. She wears black lace up boots.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? Charlotte enjoys wearing this outfit because it was something picked specifically for her by Olivia. The outfit is comfortable to wear as well, making it easier to walk around/work in.
8b. What does your character wear? (formal) Many of her dresses are formal fitting, designed to accentuate her figure appropriately. Many of them are creams to white—representing her innocence and purity. Her corsets all vary in color, depending upon her accessories and hair ornaments. Most of the dresses are pleated at the chest and flow straight down to the knee; in the back flows sheer white tails that drop just below the corset and hang pointed near the ankles. Her outfit is very flowy and designed to look florally.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Her smile is very broad, showing teeth typically. Charlotte is an overall happy individual and it shows not only in her smile, but the way it shows in her face.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? She has a musical laugh that is on the higher sound frequency—she does this laugh when she is in formal society. When she is in front of her friends, she has a bit more of a relaxed laugh that is not as high, but still has a musical element.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? Charlotte laughs at the simplest things—sometimes she enjoys the views from on deck or when her friends are showing her magic tricks. Anything resembling normal life keeps her optimistic and happy. She laughs at anything just so she can be reminded that life is not so bad.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? She speaks very formally to those who she does not know. It has been ingrained in her mind that she must be formal at all times or else it would reflect upon her clan. When she begins to open up to The Division crew, she starts to lose her stuffy language and adopts a more crude and informal way to speak with her comrades. She now speaks in a loud, enunciated way—she is articulate with her words, but also expressive. She wears her emotions not only in her words, but her shoulders.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “Please do not tell me that! I cannot run anymore with the blood of my kin on my hands. Please do not let me have yours too”, “Then I’ll keep trying until I can”, “Sorry for being a nuisance”
- How does your character express/handle anger? When she is angry, it is quite evident. She is more likely to yell and scream in frustration, and act very rashly in comparison. She is not violent, although she has on several occasions lunged at Aden for his actions. Also, she can cry when she is angry too, it’s just her body’s way of coping.
- Does your character cry? Charlotte can cry at any moment in time. She can get teary-eyed quick, and she does not do this to grab attention. She does it because she has to let out her frustrations in a physical way. She is not good at expressing herself, but through her actions it is easier. She does get teary eyed when someone pushes her too far—like Aden.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? Aden’s blunt way of talking, her family, her situation, the Relic stone, her brother’s disappearance, her choices.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? People are able to read her every emotion and expression like a book. She doesn’t feel the need to hide behind closed walls, wanting to establish a connection with everyone. While she is very open and easy to read, she does not like to talk about herself.
- Is your character religious? Charlotte is a believer in a life beyond death. She sees death as another step into the next journey of life, thus the reason why her and the rest of society feel burning those who have passed on will make it easier for them in the end. Fire brings about a beginning and an end, a symbolic means to move toward the next step.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? She’s not a judgmental character—very open minded to others and their beliefs in regard to life.
- What are your character’s core values? Normalcy. She wants to have the world be as normal and safe as possible for everyone. She hates to see violence and war—or a government reigning over the people as an iron fist. She wishes that the world could escape from that manipulated mindset and decide for themselves what is truly needed to live.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? She struggles to fight for those values every day—she isn’t the type to give up just because she hits a brick wall. She will pursue her values and hope that someday others will join in her cause to stop the war between the State, the pirates, and the common people.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Lemon-herb crusted orzo and shrimp, tzatziki and hummus dips with soft pita breads and tons of veggies, minestrone soup (She’s a total pescaterian if you haven’t already guessed)
- What is your character’s favorite color? The fluffy dark green patches of green that blows in the wind, and how crystal blue the ocean is from on land or on deck.
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Charlotte is an early bird, but also wants nothing more than to sleep for fourteen plus hours. She is a heavy sleeper, and can potentially sleep anywhere after she gets comfortable.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? Charlotte likes to sleep on her back and side. She does like to curl up on a pillow for extra support.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? Straight, but she really has no interest in romantic encounters.
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? Charlotte would definitely be considered as conservative in regard to sexual preferences. She is still new to the whole thing, and would highly require someone to explain the pleasure behind the act.
BONUS: What sexual experiences or choices does your character feel especially good or bad about? She gets flustered when her personal space is up close and personal with the opposite gender. She is very innocent.
- What type of music does your character like? She is eclectic to any and all music. She especially loves violins playing in sync.
BONUS: Does your character have a song that is “their song”? Charlotte amuses herself happily when Aden hums. She likes his grumbling hum.
- What is your character’s birthday? May 3rd, 1875*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Taurus; Yes—Charlotte is as stubborn as a bull and stable like one too.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? Charlotte grew up in a loving home with a mother and father, and one younger brother. When she was around the age of 8-9, her mother left her family. It was assumed that she was dead. Shortly after Charlotte turned the age of 12 to 13, her father was murdered on the Argentine, and her brother recovered from the wreckage. She was then adopted by her uncle and taken into his custody. She remained in his estate until the night Cliffside was attacked.
- How well did your character get along with their family? Charlotte got along well with all of her family. She loved them all very dearly.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? Charlotte doesn’t explain what really happened before her father got onto the Argentine, but she actually caused her own self to get sick. She didn’t want her family to leave to go on a sea adventure to Liliec. Supposedly she and Skylar were to start their transfer process over to the main Academy in Liliec, but she didn’t want that. So she managed to procure some small anecdote of poison and put it into her food. She ate it, and started the long process of being sick. She regrets it still to this day because if she was there, maybe she could have protected her brother and father. Maybe things would have been different if she had gone.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Back when she was in the Academy’s satellite campus, she noticed a couple kids bullying another girl younger than them. She approached the group and told them it wasn’t nice to pick on someone younger—which resulted in them turning on her. Luckily she was able to escape from the situation with her teeth intact. This moment stuck with her the most because the younger girl happened to be terminally ill—both Charlotte and Olivia made sure to visit this girl multiple times before her untimely passing.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? She is pretty inexperienced with love so she doesn’t really have any romantic encounters. Although due to her lineage she has had a lot of men looking at her as marriage candidate material. Again (luckily) her friend was able to dissuade those gents with some of her tiny inventions she and her older brother made.
- Has your character ever been in love? She has never been in love—and she never really liked the idea of marriage either. Her uncle (when she was adopted) always talked about arranged marriages for her to esteemed State’s men, and she loathed those lectures.
- Has your character ever been in lust? No. She probably doesn’t even know the feeling of lust yet.
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Complete virgin.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? She has too many stories to tell, she’s really clumsy.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? Finding her brother (first and foremost), and going back to normal—everyday life. Sometimes she loses her way toward those goals, so it impacts her life definitely. She will get antsier, wanting to keep busy but that still doesn’t assuage the feeling. When push comes to shove, she will revert to thinking about the stone and focus all of her attention on it. She doesn’t want to bother others with her insecurities.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Humility, diligence, purity, righteousness – Many people agree with her being humble and pure. Some people don’t agree with her diligence as she is only taking things one day at a time, not really working persistently to the end. She does things out of what she believes is the right thing to do, which lets others see her being righteous for the right reasons.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Pride—but everyone would disagree. She isn’t someone who is too prideful, always keeping a level head about herself and others around her.
- What motivates your character most? Her motivation comes from her desire to return to normal. She wants to have her brother back so that they can live together in harmony. She wants to find stability in the world so that she can finally breathe. She would much rather live a quiet, humble life than be threatened every few months. Everyone has a pretty good idea of what she would like, as everyone wants the same. In a way her thinking helps adapt everyone else’s thinking to become more like this. Thus allowing their ship to be more welcoming and friendly.
- Is your character objective-oriented? Charlotte is one of those take it day by day types. She isn’t really objective oriented, because it would drive her up the wall. She doesn’t think life is one path, rather tiny little paths all connecting to the final goal at the end. Thus her reasoning for always being optimistic.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? The auburn would like to known as a great person, because deep down she just wants to have some type of impact on life. She’s only seeing a negative impact she is making so she works extra hard to be seen as someone great. It also doesn’t help that her clan is prominent enough to make her great. She wants to attain her own greatness without the crutch of being known as a Rothschild.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? Charlotte is one of those who would pretend in front of others so that she would be loved. She doesn’t want to be hated, and she is always working hard to make sure she isn’t being a bother or nuisance.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? She is definitely an extrovert, wanting to be with people and enjoying her time together. She loves creating memories with them, even if it is shortened by life’s grueling fate.
- Is your character creatively expressive? She’s creatively expressive in regard to her clumsiness. If her falling was an art, she’d be famous for it.
- What’s your character’s disorder? She gets depressed easily, and also has a tinge of anxiety about herself and the way the world looks at her.
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? She is a generally happy-go-lucky person. Always smiling and being on the optimistic end of things. She will, however, go into dark spells and blame herself when things get rough. She just needs some pushes in the right direction and she’ll be back to normal in no time.
- Is your character materialistic? No, she chooses to live as basic as she can. Being on the open sea, she can only carry a limited amount of objects. Plus she does not like having things because it reminds her of how stuffy high society socialites are—they are blinded by their own avarice that makes Charlotte cringe. She wants to do better than that.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? She carries with her, her family clan ring. While she disowns herself from the clan, she still keeps it as a reminder of who she once was. That pride is what pushes her to become a better person.
- What is your character’s major learning style? Charlotte is definitely a visual learning, needing to see it multiple times in pictures before actually being able to do it. She learns fast, but does have difficulty hearing the instructions and doing hands on activities.
- What question isn’t on this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer? (Do you guys have any questions?)
- I am a _________.
How would your character complete that sentence? I am a(n) optimist.
- Life is an act of _________ing.
What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of smiling.