- What color is your character’s hair? Raven black, windswept and unruly.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Emerald green
- What color is your character’s skin? Caucasian—well-tanned and slightly weathered skin for a 19-22 year old;
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? He has distinguishable scratches upon his forearms, wrists, hands, and legs from battling at such a young age. He does have a few scratches on his face, but the one that didn’t fully heal was the one inflicted upon his eyebrow on his left side. He does sport a 4 inch gash mark on his back from the capsizing of The Division.
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? He has two piercings on his ears; He has a sterling silver sword ear cuff on his left cartilage. On his right cartilage he has an obsidian black orb hanging from an ear cuff chain that wraps around his ear.Aden doesn’t have any tattoos. He finds them unappealing on him since he has a lot of scars.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? His eyes are the main drawing point to his face. If someone were to be looking from afar, it would most likely be how he carries himself (i.e. His shoulders straight and tall, head up, confident smirk playing up his lips).
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? He does have scars scattered over his body—years of training and fighting are easily shown upon his skin. Some of his scars are not that pretty to look at.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? Aden really does not like the way his hip bones protrude out. While his brothers compliment him on his physical physique, he finds his hips to be his lack-luster attribute to his entire body. Ergo his reason why he focuses a majority of the time on leg workouts when working out; although no one really notices it except him.
8a. What does your character wear? He sticks to comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Aden wears a white or black long sleeved shirt that is drawn together at the collarbone with string. His sleeves extend to his wrists but due to his line of work, he rolls them up to his elbow. He is not one to conform to societal expectations so he opts out of the topcoat due to the stuffiness. He wears black suspenders, a work vest with embroidered square patterns along the sides, and a rustic brown utility belt that holsters his broad sword at his right hip. He wears khaki uniform pants with multiple pockets on each pant leg. His pants are tucked into his black work boots.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? It suits his line of work and the brand/fabric is easy to find anywhere. Plus his brothers know plenty of merchants that sell their uniforms for cheap.
8b. what does your character wear? (Formal) Aden has a formal Captain’s attire he will wear if they are invited to attend specific meetings or galas. He sticks to the typical suit and tie standard: A distinctive black tailcoat that was tailored specifically to his waist, the two tails in the back extended past his buttocks, a waistcoat that was similar in color as the tailcoat, there were small embellishments ordained on this vest to showcase his work in the State, an ordinary white collared shirt with long sleeves, black trousers were worn with black suspenders to hold up his pants, and he wore white gloves to cover his hands. For shoes, he had a State ordained polished pair of formal shoes.
PS He hates wearing this outfit.
8c. what does your character wear? (Winter) Aden will wear what he typically wears on any other given day, but he will add more layers to his attire. He will wear more mantles and heavy coats to protect him from the elements. All of his coats will be in colors or dark colors such as navy blue, black, brown, and dark green.
- He likes winter time, but not for the clothes.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Aden does not have a toothy smile, for the most part he will smile using as little facial expression as possible. He is not one for smiling, but when he thinks he is by himself, he will smile with a slight dimple appearing on both his cheeks. He gets that from his mother. He is more of the smirking type of person.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? His laughter is a low-pitch chuckle that reverbs in his chest to his throat. He isn’t the type to just laugh out loud. He does laugh softly to show his amusement. Unless something really funny happens, he won’t laugh out loud.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? He would laugh mostly at his family’s/friend’s expense. If they happened to do something silly, he would laugh at them. Mostly it is directed to Damien, Xavier, and sometimes Charlotte. Although he is known to give an evil chuckle when someone is asking for trouble—typically this is directed to the crew members or Charlotte.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? Due to his calm composure (or lack of caring in some respects), he is concise with his choice of words and straight to the point. He is not as expressive when he is happy, but when he is mad or angry it is easy to discern. If he gets too riled up, or gets caught in a lecture, he will talk for hours on end about it (although he only does that to Charlotte). When something does not make sense to him, he does appear to have some concern evident in his voice—but it’s mostly for how to avoid stupid and careless decisions in the future. When he knows he is at fault for something, he does his best to apologize in his own way. He tries to express it best using a low and humble voice, speaking specifically to that person or thing he may want to apologize toward.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “If you forgot your stuff in the boat I am not getting it for you”; “I promise to protect you”; “She died because I was too powerless to protect anyone. It was a harsh reminder that I am still young and inexperienced”, “Okay, ‘Char…well, you know’”.
- How does your character express/handle anger? Aden expresses his anger very naturally. When he is talking with someone who angers him or questions his decisions, he will aggressively stand his ground. He does not yell (as that would be counter-productive), but his facial expressions will darken and he will look down on the person he is speaking to. When he is in battle and angry, he will become violent to his aggressor, forgetting about his own personal safety. If it is someone that he is close to, he will be more touchy with them (put them into a headlock, grab them by their collars, kick them in their solar plexus—he mostly does this with his brothers and close guy crew mates.) With females, he will just tower over them to ignore them. Although he chooses a different approach with Charlotte as he will just run her around the ship on his shoulder, and tie her up to the mast.
- Does your character cry? As Aden is human, he is allowed emotions. He doesn’t get emotional and weepy though. He will be solemn and steel his look. He refuses to cry in front of others, but he will let himself be vulnerable.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? His friends and family dying because he was too weak to protect them.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? Unless they are fairly close with him, he really isn’t an easy book to read. For the most time, a lot of people see him as this aloof character unless he specifically wants the person to know what he intends.
- Is your character religious? There really isn’t anything that Aden believes in regard to religion.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? He accepts that everyone is a human being that is meant to live in this world for a reason. He understands the symbolic burning of the corpses as some type of belief system passed down as a rite of passage into the next—although he doesn’t necessarily agree that it will. He merely goes along with the masses, seeing as it will help them in the grieving process than he.
- What are your character’s core values? Aden believes that what must be conserved in this world is the presence of family bonds and protecting the rights to live. He is skeptical of the current world they live in as he does not believe there should be a Utilitarian military designed to control the people through tactical suppression. He also does not agree with the pirates trying to take down the only government entity supporting their world. There should be something in the middle that they could come to terms with to live in harmony, but he is unable to figure that out yet.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? Aden is willing to fight for what he believes is the best course of action. He is striving for some sort of token to be received, and it is more than likely Charlotte’s approval.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Baked Parmesan Tilapia, scalloped potatoes with bacon bits, cheese, and sour cream, strawberry yogurt
- What is your character’s favorite color? Aden enjoys the color of the setting sun; the ways of rich amber meet the horizon line with the dark blue ocean in the distance.
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? He is a night owl, working during the late shifts and sleeping in the early morning to early afternoon. When he sleeps he is a light sleeper, waking up at any given time. If someone enters the room or approaches his side (no matter how close) he will wake up. Due to his light sleep, he will only get short hours in bed. It doesn’t help that he is an insomniac.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? Aden will sleep primarily on his stomach or side. Ever since his back injury, he has been prone to sleeping on other places instead. If he is not paying attention, he could fall asleep sitting up (happens when he is reading late into the morning).
- What is your character’s sexual identity? He identifies as straight—he knows that he likes women over men.
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? Aden is a liberal person toward his sexual preferences. He is pretty comfortable with the concept of sex, but he stops with his flings after the Estate. (Hrmm, wonder why?) Aden sees sex as nothing more than a primal instinct to procreate and release inner frustrations. This was what was ingrained into his mind when he was working with Zaine, so the mindset kind of stuck with him. He does enjoy fantasizing about women, but he is not inclined to act upon his urges. He is a pretty dominant person in bed, and enjoys teasing the other party into submission.
BONUS: What sexual experiences or choices does your character feel especially good or bad about? This does tie into his insecurity of his hips, but when he was working under Zaine he had to have a couple fair scores of women. He isn’t exactly thrilled to remember these particular moments, but he always had to hear it from the pirates about how bony he was in his lower region. He received a lot of grief about it, so he worked double time to gain more muscle. Although it backfired on him because he still had prominent hip bones protruding—and his workouts just accentuated them.
- What type of music does your character like? He likes music that does not have lyrics attached to them—anything in the classical to single wind chime noises in the distance. It reminds him of tranquility.
BONUS: Does your character have a song that is “their song”? Aden does sing a common pirate’s shanty once in a while—but he doesn’t necessarily think that it is “his song”.
- What is your character’s birthday? November 13th, 1874*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Yes and no. It fits Aden in regard to his sexual and familial bonds, but as he is cut short on expressions he does fall short on that. He is known to keep secrets, which scorpio’s are excellent at having. He does enjoy a good chase, which also is an aspect to scorpio’s character. Very intense.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? He has a peculiar family setting—his mother left her previous marriage with him from another man (not too important to Aden who the guy was) and they’ve been on the run since he was about 2 years old. He was taken in by Emmett Summerfeld when they were found. He does have two older siblings from his mother’s previous marriage. He gets along well with his brother Damien, but he has a difficult time understanding Xavier. They have had a strained relationship since they first met, but they both agree that they appreciate the other. Xavier is a bit standoffish to Aden whenever he brings his mom up, so they learned quickly not to speak about family stuff unless someone wanted to wind up with a black eye.
- How well did your character get along with their family? He gets along with his present family as one would expect. They all live together on one ship, so that can cause some tension as there is little to no personal space. Everyone kind of knows everything about everyone. He does care for his family and wants to keep them safe though.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? Aden feels most ashamed about his past when working under Zaine. He committed plenty of villainous acts that went against any human morals he had placed upon himself as a child. As he studied under Zaine for almost a decade, he came to terms of how black and white life is. He struggled with this concept, wanting to keep hope for a chance for freedom but he was not blinded by it. He still feels regret over his actions to this day—he pays back his debt to society by working with The State (even though he knows working for them amounts to the same as Zaine), but at least he could choose what he wanted to do. With Zaine, he was forced to slaughter people for his crews’ amusement.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Aden sucker punched Zaine in the face. He felt particularly proud of that moment because it became his moment to break free. He wasn’t scared of dying or being coerced—he just wanted to do the right thing.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? Aden never did fall in love with anyone—he had plenty of night flings but never got emotionally attached. He probably broke more hearts than they did to him.
- Has your character ever been in love? No, and he doesn’t see it as a bad thing. He is only doing what he wanted to do.
- Has your character ever been in lust? Yeah—he is especially lusty since he’s been celibate for quite a while. He does this thing where he hovers over Charlotte and just wants her. But he won’t actually push her boundaries and space. He respects that she is inexperienced and just wants her to be with him because she wants to be with him.
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Aden’s pretty skilled, or else he would have had more insecurity about himself in bed. The pirates would not have let him live it down if that were the case.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? In the Academy he was assigned a creative assignment to prepare a motor engine. Not knowing much about the engineering, he set forth to his books for help and even consulted the AI help desk (AKA Olivia Cheric). Being funny, the young missus suggested he add some artillery defense mechanisms. She knew it clearly would end disastrously, but Aden did not. He completed his assignment, presented the engine, and before he knew it (it exploded, taking out a good chunk of the cafeteria in its wake). Andy Nielsen, Aden Summerfeld, Damien Drummond, Leroy Tegan, and several other students nearby suffered both scorch marks and burns for their trouble. Not one person passed their assignment as Aden was the first to present his project, and it completely obliterated the rest of the classes projects.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? WILL UPDATE LATER TO PREVENT SPOILERS
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Courage. Many people agree with this as he acts first without thinking of his personal safety. Sometimes though, some individuals will think that he is doing the crazy actions for the glory of completing a daunting task.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Aden has a mixture of laziness and wrath to his character. He believes that he is quite the vicious individual who would throw anyone away for his own sake. He had killed countless people under the rule of Zaine, and due to this his thinking became one of indifference to life. Plenty of people would disagree with him, but because he does not explain his past in full detail they only seem to agree with his apathy to certain things.
- What motivates your character most? WILL UPDATE LATER TO PREVENT SPOILERS
- Is your character objective-oriented? WILL UPDATE LATER TO PREVENT SPOILERS He is highly objective-oriented. He takes things steps at a time.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? He would rather be a good person than great. He isn’t looking for fame or fortune. All he is doing is just trying to survive and keep his family safe.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? Aden is the type of person that would rather be hated for being who they were instead of pretending to be someone that he wasn’t.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Aden leans more on the introvert scale, wanting nothing more than to work on his own and be independent. He will be extroverted when he is with people he truly cares about. He does not like being in the center of attention.
- Is your character creatively expressive? No—Aden is by far one of the destructive when given hands-on modules and crafts to work with. Although if one looked at it from another angle, he is creatively expressive in destroying things effectively
- What’s your character’s disorder? He is a bit of a perfectionist and OCD-maniac. He likes to know where things are located and as such, keeps things in a numerical and alphabetical order. He writes his notes down in a systematic and logical sense, keeping it concise and plain-to-read.
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? Aden’s standard emotional state depends on who he is with. If he is with Zaine (or talking about Zaine), he is more on edge and tense. He suffers from post-traumatic stress due to his past with this particular antagonist and is more inclined to freeze when subdued by this man. When he is surrounded by his friends, family, and crew mates he is typically non-blasé about everything. He will show little to no emotion unless something strikes him as needing to express himself.
- Is your character materialistic? He loves reading any type of novels or books, but that is as materialistic as he will get. When he reads, he can escape everyday life and just relax. With reading, he knows that it is his safe haven to go to. He discovered reading when he was given free time as a child.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? His books. Don’t touch his books unless you want to face his wrath.
- What is your character’s major learning style? He is a visual and kinesthetic learner. He learns by examples dictated in written instructions rather than listening to someone explaining it.
- What question isn’t on this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer?
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? WILL UPDATE LATER TO PREVENT SPOILERS. I am a SPOILER.
- Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? WILL UPDATE LATER TO PREVENT SPOILERS. Life is an act of SPOILER.