Xavier’s about 26-27 years old—he does need to look a bit mature compared to Charlotte, Aden, Damien, and Olivia. He is about 6’2 inches. About 83 kilograms (180 pounds—muscle weight/years of working on the seas).
- What color is your character’s hair? Raven black hair—messy wind-blown hair. His hair is neatly trimmed short in the back and beside his ears. Xavier does have longer hair for bangs and the top layer of his hair. Just enough to where it fluffs up and curls when it is air dries. Xavier will typically wear a beanie or a hat of sorts depending on the weather. He will on some occasions have a light beard/mustache. Depends on if he remembers to shave or not that week/day.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Azure Blue—like a deep blue ocean color.
- What color is your character’s skin? Sun kissed skin—does have darker tan lines than most of the crew on the Division for his additional 6 + years sailing on his own.
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? Strong bone structure. He is very sturdy.
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? The older brother has one particular tattoo on his left side of his neck, just behind his ear. It extends about an inch or two (give or take). The tattoo is a crescent moon with stars falling down (almost like a shower) underneath it.
Xavier does have one of his cartilages pierced, but that was to follow his younger brother’s trendy statement. He thought it was hip, not realizing that his brother (Aden) was forced to have his ears pierced at a younger age.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? (The way he just stands—straightened posture, confident body language) He has a strong charisma, making it easy for him to take “center stage” or the attention in most situations. He likes being the person in the center of things, very happy-go-confident. It is slightly different from how Aden carries himself. Xavier has more of a boyish charisma with his confidence. Aden’s is more ruggedish.
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? Sometimes when Xavier shaves, he will nick his skin causing ingrown hairs/acne to pop up on his lower cheeks, chin, and under his chin. He tries his best to take care of his skin, but he sometimes will forget about it.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? Xavier is really subconscious of his hair line receding (his father has a receding hairline). He doesn’t really have a receding hair line, but he is still concerned about it. This explains his reason for wearing beanies, hats, and other different types of gear on top of his hair.
8a. What does your character wear? (Casual) He wears a black long sleeved cotton shirt with a dark blue vest. The vest possesses only one side with an open shoulder. He wears fit dark khaki pants that look loose and rumpled. There are multiple pockets adorning the sides. He has brown work boots that possess buckles that diagonally cross to the top of the sole. He has a black embroidered utility belt that holsters his broad sword at his lower back. On top of his head, he has a dark colored beanie with buckles that hold up the sides of the beanie (fashion-statement, they also tighten to stay fitted to the head).
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? He likes wearing this outfit because it is not only fashionable but easy to move in. Just like his personality, his clothes scream vibrant and pop. He sticks out in a crowd.
(PS: For the summer seasons, Xavier will not wear the long sleeved shirt and vest, opting for a regular sleeveless tank—he goes for practicality rather than fashion when the seasons get hotter. He thrives during the winter and fall seasons though.)
8b. What does your character wear? (formal) Xavier will wear a dark blue, high collared shirt. He does have a cream colored (or pale white) ascot that he will tie around his collar to create that ruffled tie. For the top coat, he has a similar colored (cream/pale white) long sleeved tail coat. It has a layered look (which is why he opts out on the vest for this outfit). The first (bottom) layer is just the tail of the coat that extends behind his back to his lower thigh. It goes around his leg to the sides. There are chains that adorn the sides and dangle down. The second (and top layer) is relatively shorter, like a vest style it goes to the waist and buttons up at the front. He has black dress slacks, and dress shoes that slight bend up at the toe. He does not wear a hat for this outfit, as it would take away the aesthetics. Plus he can’t wear hats inside building of high society.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Xavier has a lopsided smirk, a mix between playful and mischievous. When someone see’s this smirk, they know he is either up to something or has a little somethin’ up his sleeve. If he is enjoying his time with friends and family, he will just broadly smile.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? Whimsical and hearty. He has a warm sounding laugh that resonates well.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? Basically anything that looks like fun or if he gets lost in the moment. He also loves to joke around, so whenever he makes a bad pun or joke he laughs at himself.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? He does know how to talk proper and speak like a high nobleman if the situation requires it, but he also is known for slipping into the Refrazzyan slang that he picked up from his travels. He tends to cut his words short or skip diction due to the stuffiness. If he could create a slang book for words, he would have done it already.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “Lady your stomach says otherwise. Fill ‘er up, you ‘ave a long journey ahead of ya”, “Addie, if you guys wanted to play love games you should probably wait until she’s healed up. Poor thing looks pale in pain”, “Well good luck with the Gizmo Queen! Come by the Cafe later so we can share war stories!”, “It was like some terrible domino effect downstairs. Had I not been working down there I would have missed such an exciting event!”, “A nun, mercenary, and pirate walk into a bar—”.
- How does your character express/handle anger? Xavier gets stressed out—he will take out his frustration on everyone around him until the solution comes up. He doesn’t handle his anger well since he just wants everyone to be fine. His anchor is typically Dean, so whenever he gets upset or angry Xav will go straight to his fiancé.
- Does your character cry? Yes, he is the type to show his emotions. He isn’t like Aden who can hide his feelings—whatever he is feeling, you know it. He is an open book.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? Dean in a fight with him such as an argument or something. Xavier also can get upset when his family or friends get hurt (or die).
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? Just like a book, if someone takes the time to read him his emotions will be able to be interpreted.
- Is your character religious? Xavier isn’t one to follow the scriptures; if anything he follows his own code of living. Like their crazy life style, he takes things as they come and adapts as best as he can. When he sees or participates in the religious burning (the passing of the soul into ascension), he wishes for the souls to have safe travels.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? It depends on the situation and the person, but Xavier can be very open-minded with some and rigid with others. He gets really touchy when someone insults his choice of living or his lifestyle. He feels judged for being in love with Dean—while he doesn’t express it in words, you can see his rigid and tightened muscles whenever he finds someone being close minded to him and his living.
- What are your character’s core values? Family and freedom. He believes that everyone should have the choice to decide what they want and not want to do. No one should make decisions for that person, otherwise it screws up the chain of destiny laid out for all of them.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? While he believes in this, he isn’t the type to push his values and beliefs onto someone. He does fight to survive, and keep his family and friends alive.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Tacos (filled all the way to the brim), banana’s, anything mushroom based/mushroom recipes. Mushroom stroganoff is his absolute favorite.
- What is your character’s favorite color? It’s a mixture of pine, juniper, and emerald greens. He likes the darker tones of greens mostly.
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Xavier is nocturnal, taking mostly the third and fourth shifts that everyone typically doesn’t like to do. He sleeps during the first shift and is fully awake for the second/third.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? The older brother sleeps on his back, with his arms spread out. Dean typically has to sleep on his arm whenever they go to sleep. Basically Xavier’s a bed hog, and his fiancé has to accommodate.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? He is gay—he loves Dean with all his heart and soul. He was aware of his feelings for men when he was younger, but was not willing to admit it until he started travelling. It’s become a part of his identity where he openly accepts that it is okay to love whoever and whomever.
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? I picture Xavier being more adventurous. That’s as much detail that I can give. Haha.
BONUS: What sexual experiences or choices does your character feel especially good or bad about? He totally recalls his first times with Dean, cherishing all of their firsts together. He just absolutely loves that guy from the tips of his hair to the bottom of his soles.
- What type of music does your character like? Xavier loves loud and rambunctious music, which fills the room and drowns out the chatter. He loves just being immersed in the sounds and high volume.
BONUS: Does your character have a song that is “their song”? Not really—he just enjoys being silly and dancing with Dean during those times.
- What is your character’s birthday? July 29th, 1867*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Leo; yes it fits Xavier very well. He is righteous and arrogant in the ways for attention. He is loyal to those closest to him, and distant to those who wrong him. He is quite resentful to those who choose something that doesn’t exactly line up with his interests.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? He is the byproduct of an arranged marriage of a young teenager and an adult Earl. He holds a grudge against his young mother that abandoned him and his younger brother just a couple years after Damien was born. He hated his home life due to his father being rigid and strict with him to take up the Drummond clan. He trained as the heir for quite some time, until he turned thirteen. He decided to follow the path he chose, taking his father’s business and spinning it to his advantage. He traveled the world delivering goods for his merchant clan, but also to escape his father’s control.
- How well did your character get along with their family? As stated above, Xavier doesn’t exactly get along with his family members beside Damien. Although for a while when he was younger and much more rash, he felt great resentment to his younger sibling. Everything he went through as a kid to protect Damien was left unnoticed until Damien hit a marriageable age. That was when Damien began to see what struggles Xavier went through growing up.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? He remembers taking out his frustrations against Damien growing up, and always has regretted it. If he could go back and change it, he probably would just because he is much closer and fonder of his family now. Especially Aden. He doesn’t have a fundamental and core family so the only ones with him are the ones who consistently travel with him. He learned through the years that pushing others away (AKA Damien) only hurt him in the end. He resolved himself to make up with his younger brother some way or another, and just continually bought him presents until he got the courage to give them all to him.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Making up with his only family member that mattered, and accepting himself for who he was. These two things were both redeeming qualities that defined who he is and what he will become now in the story.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? Dean is his one and only love—he loves him so much it can be quite silly.
- Has your character ever been in love? Yes—he’s madly in love with Dean.
- Has your character ever been in lust? Truthfully yes, but in a good way toward Dean. He isn’t an animal.
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Enough to have a satiable relationship with Dean.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? The mermaid story—if you haven’t heard about it then you’re missing out. Aden, one early morning, woke his older brother up from his slumber to tell him that they were being attacked by mermaids. Xavier, having heard the horror tales of sirens and mermaids taking men/women from the sea to eat their brains, panicked and followed his brother up on deck. In his half sleep and delirium he lost sight of Aden. Aden actually just disappeared to watch in amusement, but Xavier ran around on deck to find puddles of red blood (synthetic clear oil mixed with red dye curtesy of Olivia) on deck. He assumed the worst until he heard someone utter his name. Xavier turned around, and Dean (who was shirtless and wearing a synthetic mermaid tail, also a byproduct of Olivia) was crawling toward him with fake brains and blood smeared on his face. Dean muttered brains and Xavier being scared, went backward, slipped on the blood, and fell back onto the rail. He toppled over the side shortly thereafter. Luckily (or unluckily) they were ported at Torrek when this occurred. It was after this moment that Xavier became fearful or heights and mermaids, even if everyone after the fact told him it was nothing more than a joke. He still refuses to believe that it was a joke, as his mind couldn’t accept mermaids not being real.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? To create a new line of merchant delivery that is a separate entity from his father’s business. He chooses to follow in his father’s footsteps until he feels he is ready to step out and create his own venture. He is currently trying to find a new method through the State, which introduces State officers and the delivery of goods for the State.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Honesty—even if it isn’t sympathetic or empathetic. He does know how to cushion it to help comfort those that need it.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Arrogance—He does like being the center of attention most of the time.
- What motivates your character most? His freedom to live how he wants motivates him to continue this path he has chosen. As long as it doesn’t involve his father meddling in his life, he is happy. Plus anything involving Dean makes motivating that much easier.
- Is your character objective-oriented? Xavier isn’t that much of an objective oriented person. He likes to just jump in and take things on as they come. He is very easy going and relaxed in that regard.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? Xavier prefers to be a great person, but he likes to be known as a good person too. He’s a mixture between the two.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? Xavier is himself—100% of the time. If someone dislikes him for that, that is their faults not his.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Xavier is a complete extrovert. He prefers to be everywhere all at once.
- Is your character creatively expressive? Not particularly, he likes the hard labor and ship handling/maintenance more than creatively making things.
- What’s your character’s disorder? Narcissism, klepto (haha)
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? Positive mindset with a tinge of mischievous and formidable stature—He isn’t weak minded or feeble.
- Is your character materialistic? He’s materialistic to certain objects that have meaning to him. For instance, his and Dean’s clan rings are huge symbols of their love for one another. He sees that as a way to prove their ties to one another for life his tattoo has the same connotation as he loves Dean to the moon and falling stars. He proposed to Dean with both of their rings under a meteor shower, so they saw falling stars and a crescent moon.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? Clan rings, tattoo, beanie given to him by Dean, Damien’s gifts (anything from little trinkets to makeshift wrist cuffs), Aden’s book (which he still has yet to return).
- What is your character’s major learning style? Kinesthetic learner. He is big on using his hands and muscles.
- What question isn’t on this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer?
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am a(n) older brother.
- Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of loving.