1. What color is your character’s hair? Her hair color changes based upon her mood and what she likes. At the beginning of the story it was dyed raven black to mourn for the “deaths” of Charlotte and Skylar. She does change/dye her hair—A LOT. Her hair is frizzy in humid weather.
2. What color are your character’s eyes? Amethyst purple
3. What color is your character’s skin? Ivory color—light golden by the sun’s warm rays
4. What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? Olivia’s pretty small compared to some of her friends and family. (Basically she’s short)
5. Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? She possesses one pierced lobe on both ears—she got her ears pierced at a young age because she thought some of the accessories were adorable. Plus they were ornaments that would not get in the way of her work if they were small enough.
She does not have a tattoo—but it has crossed her mind.
6. What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? Her amethyst eyes, the way her cheeks and face are constructed, how she holds her chin up. She’s an alluring character that oozes in confidence.
7. What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? Since she works with her hands all the time, she has marks of scratches, burns, and ticks on them over the years. There will also be oil stains on her skin that will never go away because it just saturated her skin (and it just soaked into her cells). She wears gloves all the time now due to this.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? Her height. Olivia hates being called short. It’s a huge insecurity for her. She also doesn’t like people looking at her hands—she knows that they are stained with oil and her nails aren’t long like some of the other girl’s.
8. What does your character wear? She wears a simple sleeveless black turtle neck. Navy blue sailor pants that have steampunk buttons (recycled gears) decorated on her waist. She has a long white lab coat that she wears overtop the outfit. Olivia wears black flats. Around her thigh, there is a rustic brown tool bag which holds some of her tools.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? This outfit is easy to work inside her lab; and she can get this outfit anywhere if she wanted to.
8b. What does your character wear? (Formal): Olivia likes to be daring and provocative with any of her formal dresses. Plunging backside, side slits up to her thigh, top of the line A-Line dress—she steps away from the corseted and many layers look to more one dress that sticks to her figure. All of her dresses range in color and shimmer. Some of her dresses are bright blues, yellows, reds, purples, and orange. She likes vibrancy and absurd color combinations. (She completely steps away from the State formal wear to be unique and herself.)
Expressions of Emotion
9. When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Olivia’s smile is not as broad as Charlotte’s, just showing a smidgeon of a dimple on both her cheeks, her teeth is showing. She doesn’t show this expression very often, but when she does it is for a good reason. For the most part, she’ll smirk happily.
10. What does your character’s laugh sound like? Sounds like winning, if quoted by Olivia. Her laugh is not that high, but does resound heavily in her throat. If she is laughing, she wants people around her to know as well. She isn’t the type to hide the laugh.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? Cesium, her dog, doing something silly but in a safe matter. Charlotte being clumsy. Aden being flustered—just small things her friends and family do that she observes and takes note of. She loves to tease people.
11. What is your character’s normal style of speech? She speaks with precise articulation, quiet tones, and direct connotations. If she raises her voice, run for the hills.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “Hobble back. Yes I said hobble”, “Did you honestly think I would leave without a plan prepared? You must be incredibly stupid”, “I invented The Relic Location Compass or the RLC for short to pick up strong signals of the Relic Stones.”, “He’s named Cesium because he reacts horribly to water. Did you not pass basic chemistry? Newbs”.
12. How does your character express/handle anger? Easy—she creates torturous devices that she imagines would hurt those individuals immensely. She doesn’t yell, but she does show her frustration and irritation. If she’s in battle, she will pull out any and all objects at her disposal to get rid of her main target. She doesn’t let her emotions get the best of her, unless something traumatic happens. In that case, she’ll most likely charge rashly or break down and cry.
13. Does your character cry? Olivia is not the type of person to cry often. She will cry if something breaks her, like someone close dying or is missing. She loves her friends and family dearly, even her androids that she made. Each one has a little bit of her inside of them making the connection that much stronger. If something happened to them, she would probably hole up on her own with Cesium and cry in a pillow. She would be a quiet sober if anything.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? Someone close to her getting hurt or injured, watching one of her inventions failing and it winds up harming someone.
14. How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? It really depends on if she really wants them to know what is on her mind. For the most part though, yes many people can tell what she is up to; whether it is mischievous or serious.
15. Is your character religious? Olivia’s more of a science and believer or what is made by human hands than a worshipper of a mythical person above the clouds.
16. How does your character view those of other faiths? She is very tolerant and understanding—just like learning new things, she is willing to learn and accept the differences of everyone she meets. She just likes learning new things. Sometimes she feels judged by those who do not accept her work as acceptable to have in their world.
17. What are your character’s core values? Olivia has a strong work ethic and integrity. She does not want to swindle those who use her products in their daily lives. If anything she wants to make sure creative and innovative values are readily accepted by all those across the globe. That is why she is always strict with her rules and guidelines.
18. How willing is your character to fight for those values? She fights for these values every day. That is why she is called the Gizmo Queen in this society and world. She is well known for her hard work, dedication, and complete devotion to creating helpful and mindful inventions to help daily living.
Character Likes and Dislikes
19. What is your character’s favorite food? Root beer floats/ root beer anything.
20. What is your character’s favorite color? Azure blue—and amethyst
21. What are your character’s sleeping preferences? She would rather work all night and sleep throughout the day. She isn’t one for long periods of sleep and wakes up fairly easily.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? Olivia likes to sleep on her stomach or curled in a ball under the blankets. (Almost like a cocoon.)
22. What is your character’s sexual identity? Straight— and Olivia doesn’t really care about gender roles. She’s all about equality and making sure that she gets a say in the argument. Just because she’s female doesn’t mean she’s inadequate.
23. What are your character’s sexual preferences? She’s an incredibly private person, not even the authoress is up-to-date on her preferences. (Just kidding). Olivia is the type of person to align in the neutral category. She doesn’t necessarily have to be comfortable with the person, but she does want to have certain chemistry with them.
24. What type of music does your character like? Olivia likes any type of winds or percussion music—as long as it has a rhythm to it, she will enjoy it freely.
BONUS: Does your character have a song that is “their song”? Any slow tango or waltz song for her.
25. What is your character’s birthday? February 12th, 1876*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Aquarius—yes, it fits her well especially involving her creative spirit. She is known to be vindictive to those who go against her, but she is also good with following the flow of things.
26. What family structure did your character have growing up? Olivia’s family is all hard-workers. Her parents work for the State (her father works as an inventor while her mother is a world renown chemist) creating new things for the common people to use to make life easier. She has one older brother (he is about 11 to 12 years older) who has been placed in confinement after an incident at the Academy. She was not given the details, only a simple note explaining that she would have to reach him by the telecom/gram. It was within that first telegram that she received his present of his goggles, urging her to continue working on her inventions.
27. How well did your character get along with their family? Olivia gets along well with her family, she has a platonic and neutral relation with her brother. While they get along, they also don’t really know what the other has been doing. They both work hard in their own ways, and they both accept that about each other. They do agree on similar things, and work to enhance each other’s performance one way or another. Their parents are also well known for being amicable people, albeit locked in a room all day working. Olivia doesn’t really have a sense of belonging there, but she does enjoy it when her mother and father come home (once a blue moon) to see how well she is doing. When she was old enough to invent on her own, she created her own Cheric entity (which her parents adored). From their Olivia was able to run into her parents more often at Etrius while working.
28. What is the worst thing your character has ever done? When she was first beginning to blueprint ships, she sent in a draft for the building team to start. Theoretically everything should have worked when put together, but everything fell apart and caused several major injuries to occur. Ever since then she has always double and triple checked her blueprints, schematics, and all materials used to ensure product and worker safety.
29. What is the best thing your character has ever done? As she is an inventor, she was the first one to be able to fully autotomize and quantify an Artificial Intelligence system capable of security and lock down procedures. She released the prototype A.I. version of herself to help the Academy—to which it has been greatly implemented in not only their security but also their reference help desks in the libraries. She is known to be enigmatic both in real life and her AI self, and can be reached during certain hours of the day (Typically between 3 pm and 7 am).
30. What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? Olivia broke more admirer’s hearts than they did to her. She did have one romantic encounter with Aaron Marx, but it was decided after several months that nothing would come out of it. They decided to remain chipper friends.
31. Has your character ever been in love? No—and she doesn’t view it as a bad thing. She looks at love as if it’s a formula.
32. Has your character ever been in lust? Plenty of times—she is someone who gets what she wants.
33. What is your character’s level of sexual experience? She’s skilled enough to have the sexual experiences, but she isn’t a sexual adventurer.
34. What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? She hasn’t had an embarrassing moment involving herself—yet. She could wind up getting into one within the story, or be completely oblivious to it.
35. What is your character’s biggest goal in life? To create and design an artificial intelligence grid that will help maintain both life and the integrity of the surrounding areas. She also plans to organize a specific way to store and reuse materials when people no longer need their items. Instead of polluting the world they live in, she wants to create Androids that will “eat” these items for collection and energy. That way there is no pollution and trash left. She would also love to help out smaller communities connect to one another by providing better transport on ground and air—as most travel in their world is sea-based. She is also inclined to help communities with retreat plans in case pirates attack openly.
36. What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Diligent—she is always working hard at the word she does. Everyone would agree with her about this. She also feels she possesses temperance, but everyone would have to disagree because of her love (too much love) for Root beer.
It’s a sin to love root beer as much as Olivia.
37. What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Greed—and many people agree with that. She can be greedy in regard to her machines and the dreggs it may cost to make them; Or the bartering of root beer to receive something of value.
38. What motivates your character most? Olivia is driven and motivated by money and material things that come with that money. With money she can gain more materials—with more materials she can alter and change the world for a better place. So she is clearly avaricious in those sentiments. Plus any materials that she creates will be things that are recyclable.
39. Is your character objective-oriented? Typically, she refers to her chalkboard where she tallies up all of her short goals and checks them off. It helps her map out where she is in the building department.
40. Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? She would rather be a good person with great intentions. She doesn’t want to be remembered for something small, she wants to be remembered for making an impact on life to improve it.
41. Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? Olivia is one of those people who does not care what people think about her—she is called the Gizmo Queen for a reason. She is both feared and loved.
42. Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Olivia is a bit of an ambivert. She loves being with people and getting to know them, but there are times when she would rather work in her office space alone for quite a bit of time. She is a bit of an enigma in this regard.
43. Is your character creatively expressive? If she isn’t crafting something out of alloy or metal something is wrong. Her way of breathing is to creatively express herself through her inventions. She loves making new things. She wants to improve standards of living by making modes of transportation on land and sea—she wants to decrease pollution rates all around the globe, she wants to design defense A.I. mechanisms so that the people don’t have to be slaughtered when cornered. She wants to put an end to the ocean wars between the State and the pirates because it causes more harm for the loved ones and marine life in the surrounding areas.
44. What’s your character’s disorder? Perfectionist.
45. What is your character’s standard emotional state? Our inventor is a bit of an enigma with her emotional state. She is typically not happy or sad—just living each day as it comes. She does feel things such as happiness and sadness when certain things occur, but other than that her emotional state is blank. She does get incredibly upset when someone close to her dies, or when someone leashes her dog, or when they just generally piss her off (ie taking or dropping her root beer on the floor).
46. Is your character materialistic? Yes—the more inventions she has, the better she feels. She wants her inventions to help the world one little step at a time.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? Her older brother’s goggles she inherited. She always keeps them with her, especially since she keeps upgrading them with new gadgets.
47. What is your character’s major learning style? She possesses the rare skill to learn in all three of these styles. She’s been gifted with those skills since she was just a young child.
48. What question isn’t on this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer? Why do you like Root beer so much Olivia? Why?
Olivia: “Because it tastes amazing. It’s beauty in a bottle. It’s the shine to a polished diamond. And damnit, I will drink it until the world has been drained of its last drop of it. At which point I will create a machine that will make only root beer for me.”
49. I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am a(n) inventor.
50. Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of crafting.