- What color is your character’s hair? Sandy brown hair that is trimmed and cut neatly according to State standards; boy next door look.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Grey-blue—like ice crystals reflecting a rich cool blue.
- What color is your character’s skin? golden undertones/white.
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? After a certain point, he gets really tall and grows into his frame. (Goes from 5’7’’ to 6’3’’.) He has poor eye sight, but with the help of Olivia he obtains a prescription for glasses. (Aaron Marx designed the frames and focused the glass in the eyeglasses accordingly).
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? No tattoos or piercings as regulated by the State.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? His lashes, he has long and pretty eye lashes.
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? His hair doesn’t really compliment his face very well. If he had darker hair (or let Olivia dye it darker), he would probably look less washed out. Dying ones hair is also against the State’s regulation.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? Tyler is most insecure about legs; he always thought he had a longer torso and wider legs. This is/was before his height growth in chapter 5-6.
8a. What does your character wear? (State/formal) He has four different types of shirts depending on the season and occasion. For the Spring and Summer, he has the choice between white or black (short sleeved/rolled at the elbow) button up with high collar. There are two buttons that connect the collar at top. His shirt buttons up at an angle starting at his heart to his right waist. The buttons are state ornate buttons with the insignia sign on them. (ST is the signet). There are shoulder loops on top to wrap the cording around and under the right arm. There is a spot located just above the start of the buttons where he would place his name tag and rank listing. He is currently a warrant officer of the State under Olivia Cheric. (Olivia Cheric does not possess a rank with the State, but she has a higher position over a majority of warrant officers). For Winter/Fall, the shirt doesn’t change much in design save for longer sleeves and a longer tail coat that goes to his lower thigh. The buttons still stop at the waist line, and opens up to allow movement when walking (again choice between white and black). He has standard black and navy blue pants, and wears a standard tool kit attached to one of his legs. It wraps around the thigh and holds simple tools. (A wrench, screwdriver, lights). Simple state ordained shoes that are shined with polish each morning.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? He is used to wearing the uniform that it has become normal for him. He will only wear casual clothes (simple button up with navy blue slacks, and common vest if going on an outing not organized by the State). Thus the reason why he was able to get away from the Estate without dying. He wasn’t dressed like an official statesmen.
8b) What does your Character wear? (state/casual) Crisp lines down the dark khaki pants, collared uniform shirt tucked in, and optional dark khaki over coat. He displays his name tag on his right breast pocket as well as his position of rank. His shoes are shined cleaned with polish/wax each morning to present his cleanliness and order to detail.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Simple toothy smile, he is average and adorable.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? Tenor light and smooth. He doesn’t have a loud or rambunctious laugher.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? Comedy shows presented by Leo and Jakob, Anna’s mishaps in the kitchen (rare occasions), Cesium’s antics around the ship.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? Proper and firm. He does have softer tones to his voice, and that comes from lack of confidence in himself. He is subservient, even though no one requires him to be as such.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “I was running some errands near the ports when all of these gruffy men brandished their swords and knives. I was lucky to escape from harm”, “Xavier sir”, “We need to have them rest, Sarah check the pulse of Markus and Aden. Anna please bring over some wet rags and a bucket of boiled water when you can”, “Barotropic meter Xavier sir. Barometer is something else entirely”, “Lady Olivia Cheric”.
- How does your character express/handle anger? Tyler is not known to get angry. He bottles up his anger if someone pushes his buttons too much. If he were to get angry, he would more than likely think about it for a few days and then decide if it is still worth the time to resolve it.
- Does your character cry? Tyler is not the type to easily cry—he just has low self-esteem and low confidence in himself.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? Pain, death, not being able to be the best that he could be for his master.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? As happy go lucky as Tyler may seem, he is perfect for keeping secrets. He is not easily read, and his emotions are even difficult to pick up. He holds a lot of secrets that many others wouldn’t dare imagine him having. Olivia confides in him about certain tasks and regulations revolving around The State. He is expected to work his way up to a Lower Rank Admiral before the decade ends.
- Is your character religious? Tyler is religious, but he chooses to study his faith in his own space/time. He isn’t the type to go to a church and pray with the masses. He believes that he can worship anywhere, and that everyone is innately good.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? Tyler is open-minded to those with or lacking faith. He will give advice using his faith as a guide when he is unsure of what to suggest. For the most part though, he is very open and tolerant. Religion isn’t that big in this world, as everyone is focused primarily on engaging and disbanding the pirate clans scattered.
- What are your character’s core values? Rules and regulations must be followed. He is very straight laced in this regard—in a way he is very similar to Gerald about following the rules dictated by the State. The only difference is that he sees how the common people live and is able to see how ones actions can affect a community, a town, a country, and the world.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? Tyler does his best to keep up the standards as much as possible—even when he was marked as a traitor he worked to improve State mandated policies through the different cities and countries. He knew in his heart that he was not guilty, and was therefore able to act as he saw fit.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? BLT sandwiches. Steak with mashed potatoes. Root beer floats (thanks to Olivia).
- What is your character’s favorite color? Hues of Blues.
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Tyler is an afternoon kind of guy—he sleeps at the regular night times, and typically wakes up a couple hours before high noon. He won’t wake up with the sun, but once a blue moon he will wake up to watch the sunrise.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? Tyler sleeps on his side and stomach. He shifts depending on if he is cold or hot.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? Straight
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? He doesn’t know what his preferences are since he is still a teen living as a mature adult would. He never got into the antics some of the guys his age were doing.
BONUS: What sexual experiences or choices does your character feel especially good or bad about? This is non applicable because he has none. He follows the code of the State very seriously and wants to wait until he finds someone who will be his number one.
- What type of music does your character like? Tyler isn’t a big fan of music—he prefers the quiet work space.
BONUS: Does your character have a song that is “their song”? The clicking of keys on a typewriter or sketches on a blue print paper.
- What is your character’s birthday? August 30th, 1876*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Virgo; Fits him fairly well. He puts a lot on himself to get things done and that can cause stress upon his confidence. He is extremely hard working and loyal to his friends and family.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? Tyler grew up in a middle class-to higher class family. As his family is involved with the State, it was in their minds that Tyler would someday follow the State’s footsteps. The Marklin family placed him many preparatory and charter/private academies prior to joining The Academy to help prepare him. He is the only child in his family, which adds the continuous stress of having to succeed upon his shoulders. His parents have been very supportive of him in his pursuit for success, but things took a turn for the worst for his family. His father perished from an illness leaving only his mother and a crippling debt. Tyler’s world was flipped over night, and he was forced at a very young age of eleven-twelve. As luck would have had it, he was instantly granted an interview for the newly founded Innovative and Creative Design program under a State funded project. He arrived at the interview to find two girls (both around 14 years old). They were all called into the room together, and all of them found Olivia Cheric (age 11-12) leading the interview. One of the girls was sent home because she did not know how to draw. Both Tyler and Belle were hired instantly and from then on had been working since. The dreggs he received went straight to his mother so that she could support herself. Olivia, seeing him struggling, then presented his mom a small home in the middle of Chiariotti to retire in while his son worked for The State. Tyler has been forever in her debt, and continues to this day to call her Master Olivia.
- How well did your character get along with their family? Tyler tries to telecom his mother whenever he can—he gets along fairly well with her even though she spoiled him as a child. He understood his mother’s love for him and wanting him to succeed so he still works hard to gain her trust and acknowledgement.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? When Tyler was around 5-6 he was put into a preparatory for advanced and gifted children. For the most part, ¾ of the children came from well-known and highly prestigious families. Tyler was very bigoted when he first joined the class, and he made fun of a girl with long brown layered hairstyle. He was trying to look cool in front of his new friends, and as he bullied the girl for a few days he learned that nothing was working. One day, he yanked on her hair to get her attention and told her that she would never be as smart as he was. She just stared at him with cold amethyst eyes. The next day she came in with darkened and incredibly shortened hair. That was to turn in her resignation to the preparatory school and Tyler never saw her again. This memory sticks to him even now because the girl he picked on was the same girl he now works under. While she doesn’t hang it over him, he still humbles himself to her since she is incredibly talented and gifted. She even helped his family out when they were struggling to support the large household the Marklin family possessed before his father passed away.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Getting that job with Olivia Cheric. Hands down. He grew up so much. Great and mature kid. Super OCD and detail oriented though.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? No one romantic, but everyone assumed he had a crush on Olivia Cheric. That wasn’t the case, rather he felt incredibly indebted to her. He only has pure admiration for someone generous and kind-hearted as she.
- Has your character ever been in love? Nope. Not yet.
- Has your character ever been in lust? Nope, unless you counted the time when he lusted for more work to do. Olivia is a genius, but he is too in his own way.
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Beginner. Almost naïve but not quite since he reads plenty of books.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? One time during an important lunch meeting with the bigwigs, Tyler was up to present for Olivia (in her defense she was sick) and slipped on a discarded banana peel left on the ground. He was incredibly embarrassed, but made up for it during the presentation.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? To learn from Master Olivia the skills to run and facilitate his own business in merchandise and innovative new technologies.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Honesty and empathy–he is very in tune with all those around him. He thinks before he speaks about a given situation and advises accordingly.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Lack of self confidence if that was a sin–it probably lies more with the sloth category. He’s apathetic in changing himself to improve his drive and confidence.
- What motivates your character most? Learning all that he can so that he can survive on his own.
- Is your character objective-oriented? Tyler is objective oriented. He has inventories of lists and agendas, minutes written from meetings 8 years ago, and has an organized system of collecting all of the necessary data for his team.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? Tyler would rather be good than great. He doesn’t care for fame and glory as others would.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? If push comes to shove, he doesn’t mind having people hate him. If it goes against state regulations he will ultimately put his foot down–although he also puts his foot down when he sees injustice within the very thing he puts so much value and integrity into.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Introvert
- Is your character creatively expressive? Tyler is creatively expressive in the way he categorizes and organizes everything. If you give him a day he will organize your whole room to be perfect.
- What’s your character’s disorder? OCD, autism
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? Tyler is straitlaced and completely by the book—he doesn’t like when the rules are bent or changed to fit someone’s agenda’s.
- Is your character materialistic? No, Tyler is not materialistic.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? Tyler doesn’t really have any prized possessions—maybe a pen he received from Olivia?
- What is your character’s major learning style? Visual and Auditory—he does really well in school settings and big boardroom meetings when learning new things.
- What question isn’ton this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer? Any readers out there wanting to know? 🙂
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am an assistant.
50. Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of being human.