- What color is your character’s hair? Dark brown with light brown tones. Leo’s hairstyle is fluffy to look at, and likes to curl up at his fringe. He has slightly longer hair that extends to the nape of his neck. He likes to wear beanies to copy Xavier, but also to hide his messy mop/bed head.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Dark brown with light brown speckles
- What color is your character’s skin? Caucasian—beach boy coloring. ßwhatever that means to the viewer.
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? He’s adorable. I don‘t know how best to describe his special aesthetic characteristic than that. He is very flexible and likes to jump around often. He’s adventurous.
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? Leo possesses a double helix on his left forearm. It wraps around the middle of his bicep and triceps in an even fashion. He doesn’t have any piercings on his ears, but he does possess one at the tip of his eyebrow. It’s a simple bar, and he only got it because of a dare. On several occasions he will just cover his eyebrow with a band aide to hide the faux fashion statement.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? As my brother stated: “His T-Rex arms”; just kidding. He does have a longer leg span and torso—due to more growing. He is only sixteen years old—he still has a boyish charm to him.
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? Leo does not like his string bean limbs—he’s been working on adding more muscle to his body like eating more proteins and exercising to grow the muscles. He is slowly getting there, but with some slow progression.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? He wants to be an adult, so he is insecure by his baby face. Many of his friends treat him like an adult though so he doesn’t get too much hassle unless it’s from the higher ups.
- What does your character wear? Casually the boy will wear cargo green or blue shorts that are slightly bigger around the waist. His belt helps keep them from sagging too far down. The top of his underwear brand shows whenever his shirt goes up. The shirts he wears are also baggy, with short or cut off sleeves. The colors are varied—some are white, black, green, brown, or blue. He just grabs at random and figures it will somehow work. Some of his clothes are ripped from the last few years on sea. He wears different types of beanies and accessories over his fluffy hair to copy Xavier’s style. He wears long socks that are hidden by his state regulated boots. He doesn’t wear the vests or second coat as most guys do, leaving his style open and to others quite careless.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? Leo isn’t constricted in his outfit as he would feel if in the outfits of the other older males. He appreciates that men such as Markus or Aden are pretty carefree in their clothing choices as well.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? He possesses a genuine Cheshire grin, one that spreads from side to side. He is quite the jokester always having a smile on his face. Sometimes it makes him look silly or dopey.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? To others it sounds like a young boy’s chuckle that is trying to deepen in the throat but doesn’t change due to his age. He will probably have a nice hearty laugh when he is older in his twenties.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? Jakob, all of his jokes or puns, planning little skits to perform for the crew, blowing something up, being mischievious.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? Leo talks in a younger way—very blunt and honest. His way of talking is very honest and tends to be more immature compared to the other’s older brusque way of formally talking. He uses street slang mostly from all of his time living on the streets.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice?
“Consequences of the lifestyle? Didn’t you say you wanted to follow the Captain to the ends of the Earth?” , “Rain, rain comes again, come and wash ‘way Xavier’s silly name!” , “Eep! It’s the scary demon lady!!!”
- How does your character express/handle anger? Leo doesn’t get mad often—but when he does get angry he tends to darkly glare and silently think profanities at the object that is making him upset or angry. He doesn’t handle the problem himself, rather he lets the older guys take care of the situation for him. He’d probably resort to fists if left up to him.
- Does your character cry? No, at least not with anyone around.
BONUS: What sorts of things would make them cry? Being decked in the face, having one of his role models or peer mentor be disappointed in him, Jakob using one of his lock something tools and breaking it.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? Leo is one of those few kids that he only shows what he wants people to see. Many people assume that they can see what he is feeling, but he is very good at concealing the bad stuff to himself.
- Is your character religious? Leo doesn’t believe in an afterlife or a God—he believes that if there was a God, they wouldn’t have forsaken him and his family as they struggled throughout their time on that planet.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? He is a bit more immature—wanting to disprove anything religious to prove his point. Love to debate about the religion to those willing—sometimes he will pick a fight with Olivia to see what will happen. Almost all times he has attempted with the Cheric, he has terribly failed.
- What are your character’s core values? Leo will always have his friends and team members back when push comes to shove. He is never one to abandon those in need. He doesn’t always take responsibility for his actions, but he has the best intentions in mind.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? He isn’t much of a fighter much less of a mischievous soul that finds himself in troublesome situations. He then has to run away or solve the problem instantaneously with Jakob.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Anything meat based or that has lots of protein in it.
- What is your character’s favorite color? Yellow and Red
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Leo sleeps on his stomach.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? He rolls all over his bed until he can finally find a spot to sleep in. He’s kind of like a cat or dog trying to find the right spot to sleep in.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? Gay
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? Leo doesn’t really know much of his sex preferences, since he is young and naive. He does joke around about all types of positions with the guys, but he’s pretty clueless. That is why he relies heavily upon the information Xavier, Dean, and Markus because they are more experienced and are pretty open about talking about that type of thing with him.
- What type of music does your character like? Leo likes loud and rambunctious music the best—he isn’t one for that lyrical or whimsical sounds. He wants to hear a beat and plenty of discords.
- What is your character’s birthday? June 3rd, 1877*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Gemini—yes, he is always attached to his “twin” Jakob. He is always curious about the things around him, even if it will get him in trouble. He does love to chat with all different types of folks, but has no idea on how to carry a conversation with the upper class.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? Leo grew up in a large lower class family. He has a lot of younger brothers and sisters, and at one point in time he thought that they would wind up in the orphanage from their parents disappearing. Luckily after a week or two his father came back with an apologetic look about how they were delayed coming home due to a boating accident. Leo would be one of the main bread winners in his family when his parents are away. He steps up to take on miscellaneous tasks or jobs to provide food for his siblings. He met Jakob by chance during one of his side blacksmithing jobs. Jakob was travelling around town doing a solo magic show, and Leo’s siblings happened to have been a part of the crowd. Leo approached them and ever since then he has been friends with that ladder flying fool.
- How well did your character get along with their family? The young male gets along well with his family, he has respect for his dad for all of the work he does for his family. His mom does a lot of the small council work in town, but has never been recognized by the State. She is always doing the odd jobs that would benefit the higher class, but she would never get credit for it. Someone higher than her would take the work as their own. Leo doesn’t blame his parents for their work and life choices, and finds them rather honest folks. His siblings are well taken care of despite the low income they all bring in.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? The worst thing Leo has ever done would be his last day with his family before he left. He lied to them about having a full time position within the State, wanting them to think he was going to be in an office and not living on the streets. He made this lie up so that he could help Jakob out in his travelling magic show. He couldn’t pretend to care less about a kid his own age living a harder life than his atypical one. He left home with every intention to send home the small pocket change he procured in his miscellaneous odd ball jobs.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Leo accomplished making his own version of a trick lock that opens for a specific key, but will lock on the inside of the room keeping the occupants inside as a joke. He likes to sell these to people with good intentions, or if they have a jokester funny bone just like him.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? He is inexperienced in love, but experienced in surviving on the streets.
- Has your character ever been in love? He fell in love with his first friend, but he understands that his friend doesn’t see him that way. He is very respectful of that, but still is very close.
- Has your character ever been in lust? Isn’t any male his age in lust?
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Not much experience, but he hears a lot from his crew mates when they openly talk about those events. He is very observant during those moments.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? He peed his pants in front of Olivia when he first met her. He was intimidated by her strictness and detail to work. But he managed to procure her sell when she bought his trick lock.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? Leo would like nothing more than to open his own business as a professional lock smith, but sell the occasional trickster items to younger kids to get them interested in a vocational trade.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Honesty: although everyone would say they wish he wasn’t as honest.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Pride–and everyone would agree because of how prideful he is about his lock picking services.
- What motivates your character most? Leo is motivated by all of his friends and role model’s constant presence. Anything from Markus’s approval, Jakob’s constant encouragement, Xavier’s guidance, Dean’s strict olderly brother style of teaching—they all help motivate him to keep going on the seas.
- Is your character objective-oriented? Definitely not. Leo is one of those who doesn’t look before he leaps. He always puts himself into trouble and has to problem solve almost instantly—sometimes it’s a blessing, other times it could be a curse.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? Leo would rather be a good person with good intentions. All he wants is to support his family as best as he can while out on sea. He is incredibly lucky that he got picked up by the State when he did. He was able to completely support his family once he began his warrant officer training in the Academy.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? Leo doesn’t really care for the haters. He only cares about the opinions of those closest to him, and even then he won’t mince words much.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Leo is an extrovert.
- Is your character creatively expressive? Leo is creatively expressive in technical trade work and metal work, but is completely naïve to book work and lectures.
- What’s your character’s disorder? Specific learning disability to common core (English, math, science, writing)
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? Leo is generally a happy go lucky person that always has a smile on his face. He doesn’t let the bad things bog him down. He is typically making people smile, or trying to run away after a joke gone wrong.
- Is your character materialistic? He is only materialistic in regard to his tools and lock pick set.
BONUS: What are some of your character’s prized possessions? Lock pick set and his first ever made trick lock.
- What is your character’s major learning style? Kinesthetic
- What question isn’ton this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer?
Leo why did you stay by Jakob’s side even though it may be painful?
Leo: Jakob’s my bud, regardless of how I feel about him. He is my brother in arms and someone who always has my back. I would never risk our friendship over something that could potentially ruin what we already have. I know he loves me, and I love him—it makes me stronger and determined to keep him safe.
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am a trickster.
- Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of daring.