- What color is your character’s hair? Dark brown, very short—like almost super clean cut with a designed hard part on the side of his head. The hard part on his head would change each time he got it cut—at the current moment he has three hard parts along the side of his head from his left ear to the back of his head. He wants to see what next image he can do next.
- What color are your character’s eyes? Dark hazel brown
- What color is your character’s skin? Cocoa, light tones of mocha skin tone—clean blemishes and hardly any marks on his skin.
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? How clear his skin is, while he is big and tall, his soft features in his face and shoulders draw people’s attention. (It doesn’t match his outward personality, that’s for sure)
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? Markus has a few tattoos littered upon his arms and on his back—He has the State’s emblem for The Division tattooed on his left upper arm (it is a large blocked cross with lines dividing the cross in three spots), right underneath that he has a large ship sailing with a compass overlooking the sea beneath that. Some of his other tattoos are miscellaneous things he got growing up in his rebellious teen-young adult years. On his right arm, he has a whole arm sleeve that is decorated with tombstones, withered trees, the sky, and it extends up into what is assumed to be the sun. The tattoo on his back is a shoulder piece that extended over both his shoulders and almost onto the front of his collarbone. The piece is a large phoenix that rises up to the back of his neck, as if ascending from the ashes.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? His Tattoos.
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? His personality and how he views people around him.
BONUS: What element of their appearance is your character most insecure about? He doesn’t have any insecurities about himself or his body. He’s narcissistic to the point of ridiculous.
- What does your character wear? Markus wears a short sleeved black v-neck shirt that has some rips, dirt, and holes within the fabric. He wears a whole body harness that wraps around his back and he can pull his arms through the sides. It attaches like a belt holster would at his waist. He wears dark cargo brown pants that is littered with both dirt and holes. His pockets are double lined to hold all of his items properly. The holes in his pants have netting or mesh like material to prevent further ripping of the material. There is a holster to hold his gun at the right side of his hip for easy access. He also has holsters for small daggers and knives behind his back. He wears black or dark brown belted gloves, which has an additional weapon attached to the top. They are kind of like extended claws of metal. His boots are black, water proof and steel toed.
BONUS: Why does your character like wearing that outfit? Markus wears this outfit the most because it is comfortable and easy to change into. He also doesn’t like buying new clothes because they will only get destroyed once again when he is in battle. He would rather wear old clothes and prevent a waste of money.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? Markus has more of a snide smirk or grin. He isn’t the type to just smile out of the blue. He is either very serious, condescending, or narcissistic.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? If Markus is laughing, it means something bad is going to happen. Typically, he laughs a low chortle, and that means he’s really pissed off. It’s his coping mechanism to stop himself from lashing out right then and there.
BONUS: What sort of things would make your character laugh? He laughs only when he is mad—and if he does best hope his dark thoughts of mutilation or destruction is not for the person beside him. Some would say he would give Aden a run for his money if they were to duke it out.
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? Condescending and narcissistic—he has a good streak of manipulation behind the way he talks. Although he mostly keeps to himself, he knows his tone of voice and the way he talks can sound rude. The only people he talks to normally without much antagonism is Xavier, Dean, Leo, and Jakob.
- How does your character express/handle anger? He mockingly laughs.
- Does your character cry? Not in front of others—when he was younger he struggled a lot with his feelings and trying to help out his family. His family lost a good part of their company share holds to the State when the explosion happened in Refrazzya. Markus owed his life to both Dean and Xavier due to that. The fire and smoke got into his eyes and caused him to cry.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? Markus typically keeps his emotions in check—but he looks either pissed off or serious all the time. He is mostly silent and keeps to himself otherwise.
- Is your character religious? Markus doesn’t believe in God, but he believes that he has a purpose to be where he is at. He works to fulfill that purpose by working fullheartedly for Xavier and Dean. He gives Aden some troubles, but knows that the kid is trying his best at leading despite his mysterious (and dark background).
- How does your character view those of other faiths? He doesn’t really care for lack of a better word. He just wants to live to see the next day, so others viewpoints don’t bother him.
- What are your character’s core values? If he has a roof over his head, food in front of him, and a few close friends, he is pretty happy. He doesn’t ask for much, but is pragmatic and honest to a fault.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? He isn’t one to mince words so he will follow through with his convictions no matter what the other party feels.
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Markus will eat anything, even a cooked snake. He is more of a survivalist that can live off the land with anything at his disposal. He is definitely a huge asset to the team in this regard, and mostly everyone goes to him for advice on trekking it out in the wild.
- What is your character’s favorite color? Blue and purple
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? He is a stomach sleeper, he prefers to sleep on his front because he is most comfortable like that. Plus, if the ship shifts too much, he can catch himself if he falls off the bed.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? Straight, but there seems to be a bromance going on between Markus, Dean, and Xavier.
- What are your character’s sexual preferences? Liberal, and very open to try new things.
- What type of music does your character like? Markus isn’t the one to loud soft and clear music. He wants the rush of the tympani with loud cello, violin, horns, and piano. He is more of the type of enjoy raucous music with fast upbeats.
- What is your character’s birthday? July 29th, 1867*
BONUS: Does their astrological sign seem to fit them? Leo, why yes it does. While Leo is a fire sign, it is also a symbol of a king. He does do things in a full-hearted and honest way, albeit too much honesty tends to lead him to his condescension and narcissism.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? Markus grew up in an interesting family environment. He is the youngest of three sons in the bustling country of Na Luna Province, and being a bit more mischievous found himself on the rougher side of things. Markus learned that being quiet was better than running his mouth—his family being the loud rambunctious people that they were, he found himself in a verbal fight one time or another. It was around this time that he joined in a gang and then was forcefully ejected when his family split up and moved half of the merchant shop overseas to Refrazzya. He cleaned himself up after they had moved, and tried to stay on the good side of things. His brothers and father got involved in something they should not have and had to help deliver goods to the pirates for a little as they were getting acclimated. Markus became friends with one of the young kids around his age in the Gerrick family. They were neighbors and the families helped each other out with the usage of space and ship deliveries. It was the Gerrick family that help set the Trojanick-Simmons family on the right path, but they had no idea that they helped them. The family began once again and focused entirely on whole sale goods for the State to purchase and use, but the pirates did not take kindly to one of their routes disappearing. It was in an unfortunate explosion in one of the storage rooms that consumed all of Markus’s family and a majority of Dean’s family. Markus was saved in the explosion by Dean and the roguish Xavier Drummond and set to repay his debt. They have been each other’s family ever since, even with the dark past.
- How well did your character get along with their family? Markus got along well with his family after they moved from Na Luna Province—it was less time consuming work and more family bonding in Refrazzya. He learned how to properly work with others despite having a rough tone. His family may have been broken apart, but Markus believed that it was for the best. His father was trying to escape the black market while his mother wanted to continue selling people to others. These long arguments and relentless fights finally broke their family apart and Markus’s family left their mother to fend for her side of the company on her own. They didn’t want anything to do with her side of business, even if they struggled to get out of the pirate control.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? Markus believed that the worst thing he did was how he watched all of those people, elderly to kids, being sold as slaves and not doing a single thing. He escaped his family troubles by joining a local gang, but caused his own drama when he had to do the dirty work in Na Luna Province such as stealing, fighting dirty, and assaulting those who were tourists.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? The young man was proud of his choices when they made the move to Refrazzya. He worked hard every day, working all different end jobs to help support his family who were struggling to stray from the pirates. By his connections with the Gerrick Clan, he was also able to have a helping hand in saving his families work and bring them back to the good side. He has a backward way of showing others what needs to happen, but he doesn’t mind being hated for something he knows is the right thing to do.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? Markus had plenty of one nights during his time at Na Luna Province—he calmed down quite a bit when he moved to Refrazzya. He broke one young gals heart that was within the gang that he was in, but he didn’t really care for her that much. She was just a silly crush he had back in the day. He does hope she got out from the opium industry though. (These also answer questions 31-33)
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? Markus slipped on Jakob’s and Leo’s banana peel prank and Xavier with Dean witnessed the comical fall. They have yet to let him live it down.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? He wants to repay back his debt to Dean and Xavier, even though they could have left him to die they risked their own lives to save him. He learned that not everyone out in the world is bad. He works to establish a place to live and find a family of his own.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Honesty—he’s honest so much it hurts and some wish he wasn’t blunt.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Pride—many of the crew would believe this to be true because Markus is prideful in all that he does. He keeps his chin tall despite all of the cursed situations they seem to find themselves in. He could rival Aden in his pride.
- What motivates your character most? Keeping together with Dean, Xavier, Jakob, and Leo. He likes some of the youngsters in The Division but is distant to the new crewmates that came.
- Is your character objective-oriented? Markus is one of those who will do in that moment. He doesn’t like planning unless it’s something bigger than he is. He is really good at sizing up a problem and determining whether it is something he can handle on the go or not.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? He would rather be good than great, as contradictory as he would seem.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? He would definitely prefer to be hated than loved for pretending. He has seen life on the dark side and knows that not everything is rose colored and daffodils.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Markus is more of an introvert.
- Is your character creatively expressive? Markus is definitely not expressive. He’s just brawn and muscle.
- What’s your character’s disorder? Tendonitis
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? This young male prefers to stay between the boundaries of reality and sanity. He doesn’t stray too much into delusion.
- Is your character materialistic? Not really, he prefers his own space but doesn’t have items that he cherishes often.
- What is your character’s major learning style? Verbal
- What question isn’ton this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer?
TR: Why do you have two last names?
Markus: Simmons is my father’s clan name—Trojanick is my mother’s clan name. The only way my mother married my father was if she kept her last name and he dropped his. When the family broke apart, my father adopted Simmons back into his name but kept the Trojanick to piss my mother off. Serves her right.
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am a typical guy.
- Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence?
Life is an act of surviving.