Age wise: Zaine is about 47-48 years old— (SPOILERS ON THIS TOO)
- What color is your character’s hair? Raven black
- What color are your character’s eyes? Onyx Black
- What color is your character’s skin? Tannish Caucasian brown
- What special aesthetic characteristics does your character have? Zaine likes to cover his face with a mask while he works—he does this so he can infiltrate cities and towns without being spotted. He will also change masks to throw people off his trail. He has a slight burn mark upon his face, right near the bridge of his nose, left eye, and cheek are. It is slightly less discolored compared to the rest of his skin. If he has to go incognito, he will use a specific makeup to cover the blemish mark so he can hide in plain sight.
- Does your character have any piercings? Tattoos? Zaine has no piercing, but he does sport a few tattoos. They are from his younger days, but are pretty menacing to look at. One looks like a demonic demon rising from an inferno on his upper bicep that curls into his shoulder. He has another demonic two-headed hydra crawling up his spine.
- What’s the sexiest physical characteristic of your character? His hair probably—he keeps it braided so that it is out of the way
- What’s the ugliest physical characteristic of your character? It would probably have to be his scars upon his wrists when he wrangled with a shark. One of his crew had thrown Aden into the sea to “teach him a lesson” on manners. His first mate noticed that there were sharks in the vicinity and the crew looked down to see Aden struggling to swim as a shark circled around him. Seeing as Aden was only eight and a half years old, and a shark would probably eat him alive, Zaine jumped in and saved the tyke from his doom. The shark almost bit off his hand in the affair, but after skewering the shark in the jaw with the sword it didn’t do much. The crew managed to ward the rest of the sharks off with left-over meat they had.
- What does your character wear? Lots of layers, long sleeves, black attire (because blood doesn’t stain black). He wears a black jacket with a part of the jacket extending down until the start of his boot. This long fabric piece from the jacket covers his sidearm from view. He can flip the fabric back to instantly pull the weapon out when he needs it. He has some extended tears into his pants, which he wears an additional cloth like pant underneath. This provides him with a bit of warmth and added fluff. He has two belt holsters, one wrapped around his waist to his thigh (hidden), then other is a sword holster that holds his weapon on his right side. He is ambidextrous so it doesn’t matter where his weapons are.
Expressions of Emotion
- When your character smiles, what does their smile look like? If Zaine is smiling, you’re probably going to die. He isn’t someone who you want smiling for you—His eyes light up, in an ominous kind of way.
- What does your character’s laugh sound like? Same as the question listed above—if he’s laughing either someone or thing is going to die. Now if he were twenty years younger, he would have laughed at things like the rambunctiousness of his friends messing around (Spoiler)
- What is your character’s normal style of speech? This man is straight to the point with what he wants—he expects answers when he asks for them. He knows what he is talking about, that is something everyone knows.
BONUS: What are some memorable things your character has said that showcase their unique voice? “It’s time this ended”, “Do you honestly think you all will survive just because back-up arrived? You have truly changed Aden”, “Aden, be good and stay there won’t you? I have business to attend to with Miss Rothschild here”.
- How does your character express/handle anger? When he is angry, he will more than likely kill the cause of the problem without much thought. Basically if he sees red, you better hope you’re not the reason he saw it.
- Does your character cry? Once a year he travels by himself to a remote location to sit at a gravesite. He typically gets ‘emotional’ at this site, but no one has witnessed this or seen it.
- How easy is it for other people to read your character’s emotions? He is not an easy book to read—he likes to keep things to himself and work for himself.
- Is your character religious? No—he is not blinded by religion or it’s beliefs.
- How does your character view those of other faiths? He doesn’t care what your beliefs are, only if you are capable of doing the work necessary.
- What are your character’s core values? Strength, valor, strategic planning, taciturn, confidence, determined to succeed, power.
- How willing is your character to fight for those values? Zaine isn’t afraid to make known to the public what he truly wants—which is Aden, but not for the reasons everyone assumes. SPOILERS
Character Likes and Dislikes
- What is your character’s favorite food? Spicy Cajun with giant shrimp and scallops
- What is your character’s favorite color? Green
- What are your character’s sleeping preferences? Zaine doesn’t sleep very often—he developed a sleep apnea that causes him to be restless even when he closes his eyes.
BONUS: What position does your character typically sleep in? Sometimes he is sitting in his room on the ship—or other times he is laying on the bed but can’t shut his brain off.
- What is your character’s sexual identity? Straight
- What type of music does your character like? Zaine prefers to listen to cellos, violins, accordions, wind pipes, drums–he is pretty eclectic to music.
- What is your character’s birthday? 1853-1854; He doesn’t know his exact birthday date because he was in an orphanage until the age of thirteen. He then escaped the house and lived on the sea with a mercenary crew of the State.
- What family structure did your character have growing up? Zaine didn’t have any parents growing up—he was one of the orphan boys that struggled to get picked up in an adoption over the years. The State considered him a lost cause and didn’t bother with him or his antics as a kid. Zaine escaped the house to travel the sea (He was in dire need of exploration and wanderlust). He made plenty of friends, and wanted to change the world for the better. He created his own family with the crew that picked him up.
- How well did your character get along with their family? He was rambunctious and loud, but understood when to shut his trap. He was raised as one of the greenhorns to learn of all traits of the ship.
- What is the worst thing your character has ever done? When he was 27-28 years old, he was manipulated by Viktor’s father (The State’s Fleet Admiral) to find a young girl who the legendary stone belonged to. He found out plenty of information through (SOME MORE SPOILERS). A decade later—Zaine (when he was 36-38) learned that she was trying to protect the world by keeping the stone from entering the State as it had. Due to (SPOILERS) he psychologically snapped, and has since went on a bloody rampage on anyone and thing. That was also when his crew (which he helped grow and make friends with) shattered and caused many frictions to occur.
- What is the best thing your character has ever done? Completely comandeering and taking over a whole pirate community and unifying them under one doctrine. By doing so, this gathered all people within the lower social classes to band together to try and sustain normalcy in their lives.
- What is the most significant romantic encounter of your character’s past? Spoiler* When he was in his mid-twenties, his crew happened to be assigned a State personnel (without him being informed of the addition) to travel with them. As unlucky as it was to have a woman on board, Zaine ignored the superstition and allowed SPOILER to board their vessel as a crewmate. They worked in harmony as she delivered transmissions for the State and for Zaine.
- Has your character ever been in love? Yes, and he fell hard.
- Has your character ever been in lust? Also yes.
- What is your character’s level of sexual experience? Pretty Savvy with the experiences.
- What is your character’s most embarrassing moment? Only one person knows this story, and they aren’t alive to tell it. He’s going to keep it that way.
- What is your character’s biggest goal in life? To grant those who are considered low and middle class in finances and status to have the same opportunities of those that are in high to royal statuses. He wants to work with the State to create those opportunities using the Stone as a spring board–or rather he wants to overtake the State to change how the world is governed.
- What does your character believe is their greatest virtue? Diligence–he is known to work toward his goals one step at a time–he likes to think of all of the steps for success in an operation, and won’t rush through a plan. He likes to set up things well in advance.
- What does your character believe is their greatest vice? Wrath–he can get lost in a vision of red if he gets angry enough. Many individuals who have witnessed this have known to keep their heads down and mouths shut.
- What motivates your character most?
- Is your character objective-oriented? He isn’t really objective oriented, but completely paranoid about getting everything pieced together for success. He is a stickler for keeping everything tidy and according to plan.
- Would your character rather be a great person or a good person? He used to believe in becoming a great person for the greater good, but now he has dropped that mindset to focus entirely on his own plans and goals for the future.
- Would your character rather be hated for being who they are or loved for pretending to be someone else? He doesn’t care for other’s opinion of him–he only cares about his own ambitions.
- Is your character an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? Zaine was more of an extrovert when he was younger–but he’s more of an introvert now that he’s older.
- Is your character creatively expressive? No–he’s not a creatively expressive person.
- What’s your character’s disorder? Sociopath
- What is your character’s standard emotional state? Stoic–but unsteady to unexpected changes. He wants things done in a specific way, and if it’s not done in a specific order he’ll flip 180.
- Is your character materialistic? No–he doesn’t care for material things.
- What is your character’s major learning style? Kinesthetic.
- What question isn’t on this questionnaire that your character is just burning to answer?
- I am a _________. How would your character complete that sentence? I am a pirate.
- Life is an act of _________ing. What verb would your character use to complete that sentence? Life is an act of living for yourself.